CCAC captioning advocacy aims to have quality captioning on ALL MEDIA and for LIVE EVENTS also. This is a sub-page of the main RESOURCES tab.
MEDIA EXAMPLES – CCAC is proud to advocate internationally and we have members in many countries. Here are two videos with quality captioning – well done! One from Slovenia (February 2016) and one from France (both about February 2016): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vn3w4-Urxr4 and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3EbLui2B2k.
LIVE EVENT EXAMPLES AND REPORTS: CCAC survey and research report — results are loud and clear – people need Captioning inclusion (CART/STTR and Live Event Real-Time Captioning) for communications, relationships, and empowerment. Email for your copy of the report that will help consumers, providers and many others to demonstrate the value and vitality of Captioning!
Captioning is not only for millions of people with hearing loss or deafness. Captioning is also for literacy; e.g. see http://www.adlit.org/article/35793/?utm_source=Convio&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_campaign=WordUp. Captioning is used by many others, with different learning or language needs, e.g. for translations, and for search engine optimization.
Resources to help people advocate for captioning are the research report cited above, and also…
- A CCAC Flyer that can be distributed at meetings
- A summary of CCAC objectives and activities that you can use in your own blog or newsletter
- Information about disability rights
CCAC library of articles is divided into three sections:
- Articles relating to do-it-yourself (DIY) captioning.
- Articles about the technologies and processes related to CART and captioning.
- Articles about CART and captioning needs and applications.
A complete list by category follows:
CART (STTR; Realtime Captioning) and Captioning Technology and Processes
- Mobile CART
- INFORMATION ABOUT CART – VARIOUS ITEMS (BEST PRACTICES, LAWS, ETC.) – NOTE PLEASE – 2016 forward we prefer the term Live Event Captioning over “CART.”
- Things to Know About Broadcast Captioning
CART and Captioning Articles and Applications (Edits and additions invited)
- Captioning/CART in the Performing Arts
- CART for Elder Law Attorneys
- CART and Captioning for Education – and Graduations!
- CART and Captioning in Healthcare
- CART and Captioning in Government
- CART in Entertainment
- Captioning and CART in Employment
- CART in the Courts
- CART in Sports
- CART in the Community: Clubs, Religious Organizations, and other Social Groups
- Captioning in Transportation
BE SURE TO READ OVER THE MAIN TAB CALLED RESOURCES ON THE TOP OF EACH PAGE OF THIS CCAC WEBSITE.