The CCAC offers resources to help people advocate for more captioning and also a library of articles about captioning.
BEST TO GO TO THE MAIN RESOURCES LINK AND READ DOWN THERE TO FIND MORE CURRENT RESOURCES!
March 2013: CCAC new survey and research report is ready for distribution. The results are loud and clear – people need Captioning inclusion (CART/STTR and Real-Time Captioning) for communications, relationships, and empowerment. Email for your copy of the report that will help consumers, providers and many others to demonstrate the value and vitality of Captioning!
Captioning is not only for millions of people with hearing loss or deafness. Captioning is also for literacy; e.g. see http://www.adlit.org/article/35793/?utm_source=Convio&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_campaign=WordUp. Captioning is used by many others, with different learning or language needs, e.g. for translations, and for search engine optimization.
Resources to help people advocate for captioning are the new research report cited above, and also…
- A CCAC Flyer that can be distributed at meetings
- A summary of CCAC objectives and activities that you can use in your own blog or newsletter
- Information about disability rights
The library of articles is divided into three sections:
- Articles relating to do-it-yourself (DIY) captioning.
- Articles about the technologies and processes related to CART and captioning.
- Articles about CART and captioning needs and applications.
A complete list by category follows:
CART (STTR; Realtime Captioning) and Captioning Technology and Processes
- Mobile CART
- INFORMATION ABOUT CART – VARIOUS ITEMS (BEST PRACTICES, LAWS, ETC.)
- Things to Know About Broadcast Captioning
CART and Captioning Articles and Applications (Edits and additions invited)
- Captioning/CART in the Performing Arts
- CART for Elder Law Attorneys
- CART and Captioning for Education – and Graduations!
- CART and Captioning in Healthcare
- CART and Captioning in Government
- CART in Entertainment
- Captioning and CART in Employment
- CART in the Courts
- CART in Sports
- CART in the Community: Clubs, Religious Organizations, and other Social Groups
- Captioning in Transportation