Issue 6 – Table of Contents
- November is the month for Cinema Captioning Advocacy!
- CCAC Film “Don’t Leave Me Out!” Playing Globally
- Summary of Selected August, September, and October CCAC Captioning Advocacy Projects and Discussions
- Need a Free Caption Phone? Talk to the CCAC
- Giving Season Starts Now: Please Support CCAC Volunteers
Please let us know if you enjoy the original articles in each issue!
Issue 6 is available here in a printable version. This is easy to distribute, and the links work also. We suggest that you share this with others using the “click here to forward to a friend” link at the very bottom left. Printing this version offers a nice publication for your conferences and other events. If you do this, we’d like to say thanks, so e-mail us to let us know.
What is “The Power of Captioning”?
This is a concept that is vital for the mega-millions of citizens who are …
- Learning to read text in class, television, online
- Learning a new language
- In need of translations
- Benefiting from immediate transcription, without requiring note takers or a flawless memory
- Employed and working with different accents, poor acoustics, noisy backgrounds – to boost productivity
- Managing productive lives with different learning and listening styles
- Doing business to reach wider markets via Search Engine Optimization techniques
- Using captioning in situations rather than increasing volume, so as not to disturb others
- Navigating life with different hearing or no hearing (46 million people in USA alone, one in five globally) to contribute valuable skills and abilities
Staff for Issue 6
Lauren E. Storck, Executive Editor
Jean Cigogne, Operations Assistant
Special thanks to CCAC Sponsors for this issue!
Be sure to say hello to them from the CCAC soon.
Other sponsors are invited to join in: companies, non-profit organizations, individuals. The CCAC needs your support. Our media kit can be found here. Please e-mail us with any questions.
The CCAC also invites you to submit new unpublished short articles on any captioning topic. Send them in! It’s important to contribute and share your ideas and energy.