CCAC is all volunteers. CCAC is international. CCAC is a membership community. CCAC welcomes all who support the mission. Join us please – add your name – we belong together if you support inclusion of quality captioning.
To join the CCAC, please click on “become a member” icon on the right .
Goals and CCAC Captioning Advocacy Projects (CAPs) include:
- Ensure that captioning is mentioned and provided regularly in all places we need it, universally, as a common everyday practice.
- Have captioning mentioned and included in all the places that sign language is mentioned and used now.
- Support consumers who want to learn about and ask for captioning, and get it, without all the hassle encountered now in too many places.
- Position captioning as a respected resource and technology for deaf, deafened, and people with hearing loss.
- Enhance knowledge about the benefits of captioning inclusion for millions of others: language learning and translations, literacy, search optimization online, different learning styles, and ready-transcripts.
- Encourage expanded training and availability of more professional providers, as well as improvements in the quality of automatic and automated systems.
The CCAC publishes a newsletter. Subscriptions are free. Enter your e-mail in the box below and click “Subscribe Now” to sign up.