THIS PAGE HAS RESOURCES AND ADVOCACY INFORMATION FROM EARLY DAYS OF THE CCAC (MANY STILL USEFUL, SEE BELOW). MORE RECENT RESOURCES AND ADVOCACY IDEAS ARE FOUND FROM CLICKING ON THE TABS ALONG THE TOP OF ANY PAGE CALLED RESOURCES AND ADVOCACY.
The library is divided into three sections:
- Articles relating to do-it-yourself (DIY) media captioning.
- Articles about technologies and processes related to LIVE CAPTIONING AND MEDIA CAPTIONING
- Articles to enhance advocacy for quality captioning
- FCC information here:, (a) Complaint form for Internet Captioning, https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=36040, (b) information about the law, http://www.fcc.gov/
- Suggestions invited for new links to anything here or any page of the CCAC web. CCAC is all volunteers.
A complete list by category follows:
CCAC document for training programs and DIY media captioning found here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/144wc5uxvxjjnvB-akUcs3V1Sj15Q8PDKqbLP7IMYg8A/edit
CART Captioning Technology and Processes
- FAQs about CART Captioning – Live Captioning
- Mobile CART – walking live captioning, yes it can be done
- Laws Applicable to CART Captioning
- Things to Know About Broadcast Captioning – move to Media page
LIVE CAPTIONING (CART Captioning) in CCAC’s “categories of life” —
- Captioning and CART in the Performing Arts
- Captioning and CART for Elder Law Attorneys
- Captioning and CART for Education – and Graduations!
- Captioning and CART in Healthcare
- Captioning and CART in Government
- Captioning and CART in Entertainment
- Captioning and CART in Employment
- Captioning and CART in the Courts
- Captioning and CART in Sports
- Captioning and CART in the Community: Clubs, Religious Organizations, and other Social Groups
- Captioning and CART in Transportation
- Captioning and CART in Funeral Homes